Values & Ethos
Our Mission Statement:
“We endeavour to be true to the Christian values that underpin the ethos and teaching within our school”
Our Christian values are:
• Perseverance • Caring • Fairness • Forgiveness • Acceptance • Positivity • Respect
At Netherton we aim: “To create children who dream big and achieve their super North Star”
Netherton is a school “Where dreams are made and futures created”
What a teacher at Netherton C of E primary looks like. They are
• Team Players • Creative • Challenging • Aspirational • Inspirational • Enthusiastic
Our Core Values are:
• Perseverance • Integrity • Positivity
It is very difficult to put into words what ‘spirituality’ actually is because it is a very personal experience. It differs from person to person, and often spirituality changes within people during their lifetime. Spirituality is not the same as having a religion or faith; a person can be spiritual without having a particular faith. At Netherton, we thought about what spirituality means to us. Our reflections, thoughts and ideas were combined to create a shared understanding.
At Netherton CE Primary School, Spirituality is …
Opening our eyes, hearts and minds, and by doing so, having an understanding of our own identity. It is seeing beyond ourselves and appreciating how we relate to the world and to each other and in doing so having a sense of belief that there is something greater than ourselves. At Netherton, we believe that life is a journey of discovery where we are inspired by the awe and wonder of the world so creating a sense of peace and calm that comes from within ourselves.
It is our aim to find effective ways of developing our pupils’ aspirations, their sense of identity, self-worth and belonging, their principles, beliefs and values, appreciating the world around them, taking responsibility and becoming conscious of choices they make.
Our school is built upon our Christian values of; Positivity, Forgiveness, Respect, Perseverance, Fairness, Caring and Acceptance. Our aim is to foster the intellectual, emotional, social and spiritual development of all our pupils. We believe that children need a caring, consistent environment where they are treated with respect and where their well-being is seen as paramount. We believe that our pupils should leave Netherton with: A sense of moral and spiritual awareness, a love of learning and a sense of where they belong.
Children’s spiritual development is fostered through all aspects of our provision. It is about the relationships and the values that we consider to be important, as well as the development of knowledge, concepts, skills and attitudes. We give children opportunities to:
- Express and explore their developing system of values and beliefs [Christian beliefs and those that are personal and relevant to them].
- Reflect on the situations of others, developing empathy and an awareness of the impact events can have on lives.
- Experience a love of learning through a broad and balanced curriculum that supports the development of knowledge and skills as well as exposing pupils to a range of cultural experiences such as: visits, visitors, music, art and drama.
- Reflect on their experiences, learn from them and make connections relevant to them.
- Aspire to be the best person they can by aiming high in all that they do.
- Appreciate the world around them and show a sense of awe and wonder towards aspects of the natural world and human achievement.
- Grow and flourish in a respectful environment where curiosity is welcomed and encouraged.